Published: Wed, February 21, 2018
Global News | By Stacy Ballard

Superintendent says 'no immediate danger' for Michigan St. Joseph High School

Superintendent says 'no immediate danger' for Michigan St. Joseph High School

The school district released information regarding a student's arrest, after making a threat.

Hampton City Schools has a Safe School Hotline, created to receive calls 24 hours a day from students, parents, or concerned citizens who have information about potentially unsafe activity on school grounds or school-related activities.

"Each building has crisis teams established who provide feedback and our staff review our protocols annually with our students participating in drills during the school year", Baker said in her statement. "The safety and security of our students at all of our schools continues to be our top priority".

According to a statement, the 15-year-old mentioned shooting a particular student "and Mexicans".

Winter Olympics: Team USA's Brita Sigourney takes bronze in women's halfpipe
She said Bowman's success inspired her, and her desire really took hold of her before that final run. France's Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron were second with a combined score of 205.28.


Tampa Police Chief Brian Dugan says detectives are now working several leads and are taking these threats seriously.

Because of this, the district sent out an email to parents on Sunday night. They were also questioned by police.

They've recommended charges of disorderly conduct against the student.

Police then received notice of a rumor saying a student posted to social media after the initial arrest Thursday that he would be coming to Marcus High School at lunchtime to "finish the job".

Seventh grader shoots self at Stark County's Jackson Memorial Middle School
The Associated Press reported that the student was taken to an area hospital where his current medical condition is not known. A Jackson Memorial Middle School student suffered an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound this morning.


The budget for the officers being posted up outside of the school comes from the Police Departments overtime budget.

"We will identify those responsible for any threats against our schools and we will immediately move to expel any students who are involved", the message stated.

Even though both threats were found not to be credible, both were charged with second-degree felonies for making the threats. Rose Kasun sent a letter to parents that security has been increased at district schools and they have an emergency plan in place. The weapons were "pellet-type" guns, and the juvenile was taken to the Campbell County Juvenile Detention Center, according to Sgt. Natalie Selby. "We would encourage all students to return to school as normal, and please report any and all suspicious or concerning behavior to the resource officer as soon as possible". "The student did have a BB gun", said Blankenship. Whitley County Sheriff Colan Harrell said on Facebook. The school was searched and no explosive devices were found. Any threat posted on social media will be investigated and pursued to the fullest extent of the law.

A social media threat was also made against North Laurel Middle School in Laurel County, according to Kentucky State Police.

Hosmer, Padres reach preliminary eight-year deal
Two years later, Hosmer returned to Petco Park as the American League's starting first baseman in the 2016 All-Star Game. Wil Myers had previously told the Padres he would accept a position change if the club were to sign Hosmer.


"We have been made aware of posts circulating on social media that have raised concerns over student safety in our schools".

Like this: