Published: Fri, January 12, 2018
Entertaiment | By Lawrence Myers

YouTube Puts Logan Paul YouTube Red Projects On Indefinite Hold

YouTube Puts Logan Paul YouTube Red Projects On Indefinite Hold

The Google-owned company said it has put its original projects with Paul on hold because of the video he posted earlier this month which showed the body of an apparent suicide victim in Japan.

Paul's channels were removed from YouTube's Google Preferred programme, where brands sell ads on the top five per cent of the platform's content creators, the BBC reported. For the video, Paul and his pals set out to camp for a night in Japan's Aokigahara forest, which is known for suicide incidents.

InsideEdition.com's Leigh Scheps has more.

Dropbox quietly files for IPO
There has been no official confirmation about this just yet, either from Dropbox or Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan for that matter. These investors are set for big pay-out should the public flotation of Dropbox go through.


On Jan. 1, Paul apologized for his actions and stated that the controversial video's original intention was to create a dialogue regarding suicide awareness.

YouTube announced that it won't move forward in making the sequel to 2016's YouTube Red original movie, The Thinning. Paul posted an apology on his Twitter account and announced on January 4 that he would be taking some time off to change his ways.

Twitter user Mombot translated how some of the Japanese felt about Logan Paul by giving worldwide users an idea of what they were saying.

Facebook redirects focus to social interaction, leaving businesses in the dust
That's because even if people read such content on Facebook , they don't necessarily comment or interact with it in other ways. Facebook has said before that it will emphasize personal connections over business pages and celebrities that people follow.


The company went on to tweet the words that many people had been thinking, which was "suicide is not a joke" and shouldn't be the main force of racking up views. In a statement to Bloomberg, a Google spokesperson said, "We built Google Preferred to help our customers easily reach YouTube's most passionate audiences and we've seen strong traction in the previous year with a record number of brands".

The 22-year-old, whose YouTube channel has over 15 million subscribers, uploaded a video on 31 December showing himself and a group of friends visiting Aokigahara Forest near Mount Fuji, a known suicide location. "It's taken us a long time to respond, but we've been listening to everything you've been saying", YouTube wrote in an open letter on Twitter. Google says Paul violated its Community Guidelines by posting his tasteless video.

By the end of 2017, Google and YouTube were dealing with a sea of bad actors who were publishing disturbing children's content or videos targeted toward kids. You're right to be. No one knew for sure what those consequences would be, but now it's becoming clear that the former Viner is not going to get away with his actions scot-free.

Tiger Woods approves of Raiders' hire of Jon Gruden
Nine men have helmed the Raiders since Gruden's departure as he rejoins the team on a record 10-year $100 million deal. Though he warned he didn't know for how long. (Gruden) "Obviously this is very emotional for me".


Like this: