Published: Wed, December 06, 2017
Entertaiment | By Lawrence Myers

Homeless man rescues two children from east Las Vegas apartment fire

Homeless man rescues two children from east Las Vegas apartment fire

Once inside, Angulo grabbed the 3-year-old girl and a 10-month-old boy and rushed them to safety.

A homeless man is credited with saving the lives of a three-year-old girl and 10-month-old baby boy who became trapped in a burning Las Vegas apartment building on Friday. He jumped over a locked gate into the complex and saw smoke billowing through a barred security door of a smoldering apartment, according to a press release from Las Vegas Fire and Rescue.

"I wrapped up the babies and pulled them out", Angulo told the television station.

The child was unable to get the steel door open, so Angulo began pulling on it until it bent upward and the deadbolt lock unlatched. He could see through the smoke the leg of an infant on the floor.

Code.org Raises $12 Million from Bill Gates and Other Backers
Using iPads and free apps like Swift Playground, students from kindergarten through to college and beyond can now learn how to code.


"The little girl ran to him and wrapped her arms around his waist", a spokesperson for the Las Vegas Fire and Rescue services said.

Firefighters received multiple calls about an apartment that was on fire with small children trapped inside.

Angulo took both children away from the building to a safe area, where they were later taken to University Medical Center and checked for minor smoke inhalation.

"His action certainly saved the children's life", Las Vegas Fire and Rescue said of Angulo. Instead, they were taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation and are expected to survive.

Choose your favorite Instagram Stories from your Archive to create Stories Highlights
Stories Highlights is a new part of your profile where you can express more of who you are through stories you've shared. With the new capabilities, Instagram users will be able to more easily keep and continue to display their older Stories.


Fire officials say that without Angulo's help, the two kids likely would have died. "He reached down and pulled the infant out".

The fire was under control in about 20 minutes - and it wasn't immediately clear how much the apartment was damaged, according to the report. The Red Cross says its helping three adults and a child who were displaced by the fire.

The fire gutted the apartment's kitchen and living room, while the rest of the home suffered heavy heat and smoke damage.

Fire investigators determined the fire was an accidental grease fire, which spread quickly across the kitchen, Szymanski said.

International Olympic Committee suspends Russian Federation from 2018 Winter Olympics
Russian President Vladimir Putin has previously said it would be humiliating for his country to compete without national symbols. They would have to pass drug tests to prove they were clean and also did not benefit from the Sochi scheme.


The grandfather was in another part of the house when the fire started and was separated from the children.

Like this: