Published: Sun, November 19, 2017
Entertaiment | By Lawrence Myers

Old Vic Says 20 People Reported Misconduct by Kevin Spacey

Old Vic Says 20 People Reported Misconduct by Kevin Spacey

But they confirmed today claims had been made against Spacey, who started performing at the Old Vic in the 1990s and served as artistic director from 2004 to 15. (The Old Vic's statement was careful to note that they had not confirmed the veracity of the claims against Spacey, who did not participate in the investigation.) Per the BBC, more than half of the incidents allegedly occurred within the theater.

"This investigation concluded that there have been 20 personal allegations of incidents relating to The Old Vic ranging from 1995 to 2013, with the majority (all but two) falling before 2009" the theatre said.

One of the men did inform a manager of his concerns at the time, but was ignored.

Former workers at The Old Vic where US actor Kevin Spacey was its artistic director from 2003 to 2015 told The Guardian newspaper that the London theatre ignored alle
London's Old Vic finds 20 claims of 'inappropriate behavior' against Kevin Spacey

"To all those people who felt unable to speak up at the time, The Old Vic truly apologizes", Nick Clarry, chairman of the theater, said Thursday in a statement. She did not attend the launch of the report into the investigation yesterday.

"The Old Vic was in a unique position of having a Hollywood star at the helm around whom existed a cult of personality", the statement said.

However, Warchus pushed back against claims that Spacey's behavior was an open secret, claiming it is "incorrect, unfair, and irresponsible to say that everybody knew".

What about Jake Gyllenhaal as Batman?
Affleck was initially in line to direct The Batman , before deciding to step down in order to focus on his performance. Although this rumor should be taken with a grain of salt until further notice, it might not be so far-fetched.


Spacey was informed about the investigation but had not responded, said Kate Varah, the theatre's executive director.

Spacey said he did "not remember the encounter" but offered "the sincerest apology" if it had taken place.

The theatre is bringing in a new code of conduct with clear guidance regarding meetings late at night or involving alcohol. Because of this, and because Spacey hasn't commented on the allegations, "The review can not, therefore, make any findings of fact about the alleged misconduct", the statement says. His career is in tatters after a series of allegations against him. Following Rapp's account, others came forward with similar accusations against Spacey, including actor and filmmaker Tony Montana, Richard Dreyfuss' son Harry Dreyfuss and Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos, who performed at the Old Vic while Spacey was artistic director.

Rahul Gandhi may don the Congress president crown today
The decks have finally been cleared for Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi to take over the reigns of the party. The EC had given two extensions to the Congress to complete organisational polls.


U.S. network Netflix has axed further production of Mr Spacey's House of Cards drama, the International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences announced it will no longer give the actor a special Emmy award, and his agent and publicist has dropped him as a client.

Conte expects Moses to return against Liverpool
Conte added: "It is positive, this season with (Andreas) Christensen I have another good opportunity". Last season I didn't have this opportunity (to rotate Luiz).


Like this: