Published: Sat, May 20, 2017
USA | By Kelli Rowe

Networks fight for Duggar sexual molestation lawsuit exclusive

Networks fight for Duggar sexual molestation lawsuit exclusive

In 2015, In Touch magazine got their hands on a police report showing an investigation into Josh Duggar from 2006, for molesting girls.

At the time of the media firestorm in 2015 the names of the Duggar sisters were never revealed but Jessa and Jill identified themselves as two of Josh's five underage victims in an interview with Megyn Kelly on "The Kelly File".

The lawsuit alleges the defendants violated the U.S. Civil Rights Act, the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, the Arkansas Constitution, the Arkansas Child Mistreatment Act and the Arkansas Juvenile Code by disclosing information the sisters and others had been explicitly assured would remain confidential.

Would the House really need to vote again on health care?
Early this month the Legislature went into session for two days without being presented a budget bill. Steny Hoyer says that's what happens when the House votes on a bill "before they knew what was in it".


Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Joy Duggar are suing city, county, and police officials in Springdale, Arkansas and In Touch magazine after documents that detailed their brother Josh Duggar's sexual molestation case were made public.

The Duggars' lawsuit is one involving public figures who are famous for holding a certain set of values and supposedly living a specific lifestyle.

Instead, officials in Springdale acted "hastily and improperly" in releasing related reports through a Freedom of Information Act request submitted May 15, 2015, by In Touch Weekly, the lawsuit states. The Duggar family were stars of the now-canceled 19 Kids and Counting television show.

Singapore Airlines records net loss of 99 mln United States dollars in January-March
SIA says that the wholly-owned unit was separated out in 2001, when it meant to grow into a standalone all-cargo carrier. Meanwhile, the re-integration of its cargo unit is slated for completion in the first half of next year, SIA said.


It's been nearly two years since news of Josh Duggar's molestation scandal broke, and the Duggar family still hasn't quite recovered. The Duggar girls also named InTouch Weekly for releasing the police reports and breaching their privacy. The statement further reiterates what Springdale Mayor Doug Sprouse said two years ago: the Duggar family's claim that they didn't know the records were to be released until the news was published is false. The sisters said in a statement, "This case is exclusively about protecting children who are victims of abuse".

The women are suing city, county and police officials and the publishers of In Touch for damages. Though the names of the victims in the account were redacted, along with other identifying information, the family's response included massive amounts of publicity, public statements, and interviews. Now between the ages of 19 and 26, the sisters also claim in the suit that they were, and continue to be, upset by allegations they were "victims of potential incest". Instead, they seem to be following the playbook of Hulk Hogan, who brought down Gawker with an invasion-of-privacy claim.

They both railed against all the reporting at the time, stating that the focus was tantamount to a "re-victimization that's even a thousand times worse".

Would Fernando Alonso Actually Leave F1 To Race In IndyCar Full
This season Alonso will skip Formula 1's Monaco Grand Prix, instead focusing his attention on the 101st Indianapolis 500. There's not a lot of drivers who would be willing and able to miss races in their own championships to come do this.


Like this: